Quote

"To get rich, never risk your health. For it is the truth that health is the wealth of wealth."

-Richard Baker, American Congressman

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Frucall

As if it weren't already hard enough for brick and mortar retailers to compete with online merchants, now comes Frucall (for "Frugal Call", I assume). Call 888-DO-FRUCALL (888-363-7822, since the last 2 "l's" are superfluous) and enter a product's ISBN, UPC, or bar code number to get competitors' prices. Or if you're a texter like I am, then you can send one to FRU11 (37811).

I don't know how I feel about the ethics of this, but it is probably just a reality of the modern marketplace. I know that I can only try shoes and sunglasses on in a store, and if I don't buy stuff from those stores, then someday I won't be able to try things on in stores. Makes you think...

No comments: