Quote

"To get rich, never risk your health. For it is the truth that health is the wealth of wealth."

-Richard Baker, American Congressman

Friday, September 03, 2010

Keeping It All In Perspective

I've been thinking recently of an old friend who died from injuries sustained in a car accident 7 years ago. I keep his funeral card in the visor of my car and consider him a guardian angel. It happened on August 23rd, so I'm thinking of him more often this time of year, and can't believe it was so long ago.

Just today, in my pursuit to know everything that's going everywhere in the world all the time (this is a futile one, obviously), I happened upon an article on NPR's website about a support group for people who have outlived their children, called  The Compassionate Friends. It's important to know that there are many people struggling with this alienating situation and that we should be appreciative of the ones we have in our lives.

No comments: