Quote

"To get rich, never risk your health. For it is the truth that health is the wealth of wealth."

-Richard Baker, American Congressman

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Phew!

I was beginning to worry about an invisible bruise on the back of my leg. Just today, it has seemed to be moving down my leg, from my lower hamstring, to behind my knee and now to my upper calf. As is my usual course of action, I asked others if they have experienced similar symptoms, and then checked out WebMD.

Relief washed over me in an awesome wave as I read the first paragraph -

"Bruises (contusions)develop when small blood vessels under the skin tear or rupture, most often from a bump or fall. Blood leaks into tissues under the skin and causes the black-and-blue color. As bruises heal, usually within 2 to 4 weeks, they often turn colors, including purplish black, reddish blue, or yellowish green. Sometimes the area of the bruise spreads down the body in the direction of gravity. A bruise on a leg usually will take longer to heal than a bruise on the face or arms."

No comments: