Quote

"To get rich, never risk your health. For it is the truth that health is the wealth of wealth."

-Richard Baker, American Congressman

Friday, January 12, 2007

Matri-money

My father thinks I have a negative attitude toward marriage, but I think my generation in general has such a strong feeling of independence, that being unmarried is not strange to us. Anyway, he recently handed me a copy of an article from The Wall Street Journal that was published on February 12, 1999.

In "Getting Married Pays", the authors discuss one of their rules from "Getting Rich in America: 8 Simple Rules for Building a Fortune and a Satisfying Life" (HarperBusiness, 1999).

Some key points:

-Married couples are twice as wealthy as unmarried ones.
-Married people take better care of themselves and live longer.
-Married people have lower rates of cancer and hypertensive heart disease.
-Married people are more likely to plan for and think about the future and therefore save more.

I found a copy of it posted here.

No comments: