Quote

"To get rich, never risk your health. For it is the truth that health is the wealth of wealth."

-Richard Baker, American Congressman

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Quick, Healthy Eats

I got an email from SparkPeople about "making healthy choices when you're low on time." They suggest having "Go-to meals" such as a peas and tuna sandwich or chicken burritos.

Here are some suggestions, courtesy of WebMD. The article focuses on quick meals for the family, but there are good ideas for one-person meals and a checklist of healthy, simply foods one should always buy at the grocery store.

The internet is a great place to go for recipes, without the restrictions of a cookbook recipe. I often look around until I find one that calls only for ingredients that I know I have back at home. Cooks.com is a good resource.

No comments: