Quote

"To get rich, never risk your health. For it is the truth that health is the wealth of wealth."

-Richard Baker, American Congressman

Monday, September 25, 2006

Eating for One

Men's Health has great resources available on its website, as I have pointed out before. My brother is my roommate, so I have always said that it is much easier to go food shopping than if I were to live on my own, as many of my friends do.

Men's Health has a wonderful shopping and meal list that even accounts for leftovers to be taken into work (in a different form so as to lessen boredom). I just printed it out myself. It's great and incorporates easy-to-prepare items such as rotisserie chicken, frozen shrimp, rice, and beans. Check it out here.

The article points out that the average amount spent on eating out at cheap restaurants is $85/week, whereas this articles suggested fare costs $47.96. That's pretty easy math.

No comments: